Clipper Youth Apps and AC Transit July Fare Changes
· AC Transit removed the requirement for a photo ID on Youth Clipper cards last fall, making it much easier to get a card.
· New options for submitting Youth Clipper card applications are now available. Families can now apply by mail, email, or fax (or still in person at the downtown Oakland AC Transit office).
· On July 1, AC Transit will implement significant fare changes, including introducing a Day Pass and eliminating transfers. The price of single-ride cash fares and the Youth 31-Day Pass will stay the same. New discounts will be offered on Clipper.
We ask that you disseminate this information in one or more ways:
· Forward this email with its attachments to your parent/student email list
· Print out the flyer and application form attached, and make them available to your students and parents (flyer is attached here in color and black & white; forms are in English, Spanish, or Chinese—please choose whichever makes sense for you!)
· Post this email as an announcement on your school website with links to the flyer and application forms in English, Spanish, and/or Chinese. See news on right hand website page for attachments!!!
We want all students and their families to take advantage of the youth pass, discounted fares, and the convenience of the automatically loaded Day Pass. It all starts with getting a Clipper card—and it’s now easier than ever to do it!
If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email. You’ll also find more information about the fare change in general at www.actransit.org.
Thanks for your assistance.
AC Transit Marketing & Community Relations